The protection of your privacy is the number one priority for African Consumer Panel. We do our utmost to win and keep your trust. In order to achieve this, we maintain the following rules for protecting your privacy:
1. We will never sell or lease your personal and/or contact details* to any third party without your explicit and repeated permission;
2. We will never share your personal, contact, or background details with any other African Consumer Panel member, unless you both have explicitly indicated a wish to share this information with each other;
3. All information you have entrusted to African Consumer Panel is secured according to the industry standards which apply. (*This is information which can be traced to an identifiable individual) Read these African Consumer Panel Privacy Regulations carefully to know more about: 1. What personal information is collected by African Consumer Panel
2. How and for what purpose this information is used
3. How and when this information is shared
4. How you can view and modify your personal details
5. What security measures are in place to protect you against loss, misuse or unwanted changes to your details collected by African Consumer Panel
Registration and intake survey: In order to become a African Consumer Panel member, you must register via the website. For registration, the following contact information is required: e-mail address and first and last name. At no time are you required to provide a telephone number.
Once you have registered as an African Consumer Panel member, you are asked to complete a profiling surveys. This survey is located on your personal page; completion is totally voluntary and you may choose which profile surveys you would or would not like to complete.
Cookies and Log Files:
Communication to and from African Consumer Panel:
Unless otherwise indicated, African Consumer Panel will use e-mail to communicate with African Consumer panelmembers. This means that only information for which members have given explicit and repeated permission will be exchanged.
African Consumer Panel may use uses the information that you have provided about yourself to adapt the website to your preferred style and frequency of communication.
Sharing Information with third parties:
African Consumer Panel takes the privacy of its members extremely seriously and will never lease or sell information which could be traceable to individuals by third parties without the express and repeated permission from its members. African Consumer Panel shall distribute personal and contact information only upon the explicit request from its members.
Communication between African Consumer Panel members:
It is possible to contact other African Consumer Panel members on the Forum. African Consumer Panel shall not exchange personal or contact details between members unless both members have given express permission or they themselves initiate this. African Consumer Panel emphasizes that it does not publish any contact details in the online forum. African Consumer Panel rejects out of hand any liability towards such misuse of the African Consumer Panel community.
As an African Consumer Panel member, you can view your personal and contact information entrusted to African Consumer Panel at any time. You may also modify or delete this information whenever you wish. Login and go to your personal page, African Consumer Panel, where you can adjust your membership status (cancel or change membership). If you modify your membership status, e-mail address or password, an e-mail will be sent to you containing this change you have requested. If you agree with the change in question, you must click on the link contained in the e-mail. African Consumer Panel therefore prevents modification of its members - access information without the confirmation of those members. If you have another e-mail address and no longer have access to the old e-mail address with which African Consumer Panel communicates, indicate this on your personal page, in which case another procedure will be followed .